Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Holiday Spirit

It’s that time of year where I should be full of love for my fellow humans, but instead what I am is feeling heaps of loathing for my students. Not all of them. Just the ones who handed their papers in late, which forces me into three days of soul-searching while I try to figure out how important deadlines are in the grand scheme of things. Am I teaching them survival skills when I refuse papers after 6:00 p.m. on deadline day or am I just being a bitch? (The polls are still open.) I’ve been teaching 13 years now, so I shouldn’t let that slackers and procrastinators put me thru these paces every year, but I do.

I’m thinking I should write a book for beginning college students called What Your College Instructor Really Thinks When You Say Your Paper is Finished But Your Hard Drive Exploded. The only thing holding me back is that I know the students who need it wouldn’t read it. Also, there could be legal action.

No comments: